For your iPad or iPhone
1. Gifted Amazon eBook
- The author will notify and pay Amazon for the eBook.
- Amazon will then send you an email with the link to download your free eBook.
- Click on the link in the e-mail, make sure you’re logged into your Amazon account, and click the link to download it.
- Make sure that you have the Kindle App downloaded on your iPad or iPhone from the App Store.
- Tap the Kindle App icon on your iPad or iPhone’s Home screen to launch the Kindle app.
- Make sure that your iPad or iPhone is registered to your Amazon account.
- Download previous Kindle purchases (if you have them) to your current device.
- If you do not see your eBook, go to the Cloud tab on the bottom of your screen and you should be able to find it there.
2. MOBI File
After receiving the eBook in your email, please follow these easy steps to upload the MOBI eBook onto your iPad or iPhone.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Plug your iPad or iPhone into your computer using the devices’ USB cable.
- Select your iPad or iPhone from the Devices list.
- Click the Apps tab in the main iTunes window.
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section of the Apps tab in iTunes and select the Kindle application from the Apps list.
- Click ‘Add’ and select the .MOBI file on your computer, then click ‘Open’. Or, drag and drop the .MOBI file into the Documents box in iTunes.
- Click Sync at the bottom of the screen, and your e-book will be available through the Kindle App on your iPad or iPhone.
3. PDF File
If your iPad is brand new and you do not already have iTunes installed on your PC, install it now. It can be downloaded here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
IMPORTANT! In order to get your eBooks correctly saved on your iPad, you MUST first download your eBook to the computer with which you have synced your iPad or iPhone with iTunes.
After receiving the eBook in your email, please follow these easy steps to upload the PDF eBook onto your iPad or iPhone.
- Save your PDF eBook on your computer.
- Open up iTunes.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that came with the device.
- Make sure that you have iBooks downloaded on your iPad or iPhone.
- Select ‘File’ , then ‘Add file to library’.
- Navigate to where your eBook is saved and select the file
- Click “Open”.
- In iTunes, from the “Devices” on the left, click on your iPad or iPhone icon).
- Click on the “Books” tab (at top-right of screen).
- Click the “Sync books” check box.
- Click on one of the two buttons: ‘Sync All Books’ or ‘Selected Books’. (If you choose ‘Selected Books’, you must then select which books you want to be added to your iBooks library by clicking the checkbox beside the name of each book to be added.
- Click “Apply” to start synchronizing your and your e-book will then be available through the iBooks App on your iPad or iPhone.